[IP] NON-DM Publication

Dear friends --

A project that I've been associated with for several years has just been
published.  While it is not DM related, it is related to laboratory
medicine.  The full citation is Steindel, S., Rauch, W., Simon, M., and
Handsfield, J.  National Inventory of Clinical Laboratory Testing Services
(NICLTS): Development and Test Distribution  for 1996. Archives of Pathology
and Laboratory Medicine 124:1201-1208, August, 2000.  It's available on line
(full text) at

This is the first work in which we have objective data on the variety of
tests laboratories are doing in the United States by laboratory type and
region, and (as an aside) some estimation of the volumes of those tests.
More detailed information concerning the analytes and methods can be found
on line at http://www.phppo.cdc.gov/dls/mlp/niclts_sd.asp and a more
complete report on the methodology of the survey can be found at

Jim Handsfield
mailto:email @ redacted OR
mailto:email @ redacted

the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the United States Public
Health Service or any other agency of the United States government.