[IP] basal rates

I am a fairly new pumper. My start date was June 27. I have had  very high
morning bg. It's between 240 and 300. That's fasting after sleeping. I have
gradually changed nighttime boluses. I would increase .1 every two or three
days. My rates are now:
              12a.m.- 2a.m. - .5
              2a.m. - 7a.m. - 1.o
              7a.m. - 12a.m. -.5
It doesn't seem to matter if I have a high fat snack like ice cream before
bed. Some nights I have eaten it. Other nights I have not. When I change my
basals I go directly to the basal profile that I want to change[2a.m. -
7a.m.]. Please let know of things that I should or should not be doing.
Thank you