Re: [IP] Meter Comparisons

On 6 Aug 00, at 14:55, email @ redacted wrote:

> I have been told by Accu-chek customer service personnel that I
> should not compare meters. However, I am constantly surprised at
> the difference between two brands of meters.

> This morning I got up and checked my bg. According to my Accu-hek
> Complete it was 45 mg/dl. I didn't feel like my sugar was low so I
> checked on the Bayer DEX. It gave a reading of 61 mg/dl.

> Has anyone else experienced this problem and, if so, what can be
> done about it.

See your first paragraph and change "not" to never.  The difference
between brands of meters can be that one will measure bg value in
plasma, another measures in whole blood values, while a third
might just be reading the interstitial fluid values.  These values will
vary by the twenty points you mention.  Get one type of meter and
make all comparisons based on that type.  Do that and it won't be
a "problem".       :>)