[IP] meter comparisons

Funny you should ask, I just went thru this same thing yesterday. I have
an Accu Check complete and a Gluc. Elite XL, I compared both on myself
(non diabetic) and the Accu Check said 129, while the XL said 97. This
bothered me so I called the Accu Check folks. The phone rep explained
that their product gives plasma results while the XL is older technology
that gives whole blood results. She basically told me to pick one and be
comfortable with it. I don't like the discrepancy between the 2 meters,
but that's just the way it is. She did have an excellent suggestion: the
next time I take Brynn for lab work, use both meters right after his
draw, and then see which is closest to the lab's results. I plan on
doing this.
Teresa mom to Brynn 3,pumping 5 mos.