[IP] Meter Comparisons

I have been told by Accu-chek customer service personnel that I should not compare meters. However, I am constantly surprised at the difference between two brands of meters.

This morning I got up and checked my bg. According to my Accu-hek Complete it was 45 mg/dl. I didn't feel like my sugar was low so I checked on the Bayer DEX. It gave a reading of 61 mg/dl. This is not the first time I have noted such disparity between the Accu-Chek and another brand. In fact, I once tested with the Accu-Chek Complete and Accu-Chek Advantage. There were almost 20 points difference.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and, if so, what can be done about it. My insurance company will only pay for Accu-Chek strips.