Re: [IP] Backpacking trip

We have gone backpacking with our 14 year old daughter for three years now.
Although this year will be our first on the pump, I don't anticipate doing
anything much different from what we have done with shots i.e. lower insulin
intake.  Depending on the type of hiking (ours is in extreme wilderness with
40 LBS on each of our backs), you won't need as much insulin. Like any other
situation where you can't afford a severe low; test, test, test!  And take
munchies.  Our family goes to Isle Royale National Park (the least visited
yet the most revisited) which is in the middle of Lake Superior and requires
a 4 hour ferry to get there from a remote point on the upper peninsula of
Michigan.  So.... we are definitely on our own.  We sleep on the trail for 3
nights and carry our gel and glucagon.  Never a problem, mainly because we
TEST EVERY TWO HOURS.  It is worth it because we bond as a family and get to
listen to wolves howl at night and watch moose, fox and beavers during the
day.  God's country.  Have a good time on your trip.