[IP] Pumper for 3 weeks...

I joined the list after recieving my Disetronic H-Tronplus.  I've been
observing mostly and now I have a few questions.  I think I was trained very
poorly.  The pump educator had to fly in for my training and had to train the
medical staff at my dietician's office at the same time.  My pump was sent
about two weeks before my training and I asked if I could put the batteries
in and get to know the pump a little before the training.  He said that would
be fine, but under no circumstances was I to insert anything!  The day of
training I was hooked up to my pump and began with insulin.  I was stuck with
infusion sets which were extremely painful and bg's that were great the first
week or so and have now began to spin out of control.  I was using the
tenders and I'm thin so I was inserting into muscle.  I've switched to the
rapid 8 mm but those only work in a few areas with no pain.  I was told to
only insert into my stomach and the right side of my stomach doesn't seem to
absorb AT ALL!  I've called the educator and he's told me to stick to my left
side...that's fine except for the fact that the old sites don't seem to be
healing fast enough.  I've inserted 3 sets in 3 days and I'm at a lose!  Can
anyone help?  I'm also looking for Pumpers in my area!  I don't care what
pump or how old..I need personal experience and a helping hand!  I doubt I'll
find anyone near me but it's worth a try...so if there are any of you from
deep, DEEP South Texas (I'm talking 7 miles from Mexico) I'm located in the
Rio Grande Valley Please E-mail me!
Arlene and Trixie (my pump--means: the Bringer of Joy)