Re: [IP] Running out of sites

Yes you can use sites on both arms both front and back above the elbow.
Seeing he is 9 you would have to be more careful how you insert the
infusion set ups. I was shown this and  I was given a diagram of all of the
sites available and the arms are used above the elbow from shoulder down to
elbow from upper down to right above the knee- It is recommended to rotate
(meaning using left then right arms and legs)  when you change sites. You
can also use the thigh area also using the same method.  I have a male
firend who puts his in right under the rib cage.
On a male one could use the upper chest too. It all depends how comfortable
a person feels about this. Maybe you could help explain that he may have to
use his abdomen as his site areas run out...maybe in time he will come
around on that one ;)
Let me know please how he reponds to this and how it works. Being younger I
can see how it would be more difficult to find sites. Still better than
shots though..I hope he would agree with that :)
Hope this helps.
email @ redacted