-----Original Message-----
From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted]On Behalf
Of Bonnie Richardson
Sent: Thursday, August 03, 2000 8:58 AM
To: insulin-pumper digest

SNIP>>>>>>>>>>>>what I was told by the dietician, the CDE doesn't like us to
> fast, just try to eat 3 meals a day at approximately the same time each
day.<<<<<<<<SNIP

You know, I have ignored this statement the 3-4 times it has been mentioned.
But I just can't stand not putting my nickels worth in about it.  The whole
point of wearing a pump, 6 days or 6 years, is to grant freedom from this
very thing.  Fasting is necessary to determine your patterns and bg
behavior, although admittedly you might want to wait till you have been on
the pump a few weeks.  But the freedom to eat/or not eat when every you want
is what the pump is about.   My feeling is this dietition and CDE needs a
little education.

There I said it.

Bonnie Richardson