[IP] Flying MM numbers

Jan wrote:
 >Recently someone wrote that they believed the MiniMed pumps had the
 >fly by very fast if the button was held down. I have read this before and
 >the comment has been made on this list before that unless someone actually
 >has/had the particular pump they are referring to, *views* should not be

 I wouldn't dream of posting about a pump that I have never used and never
even seen in real life, without qualifying it.  I posted that I have a MM
508, my first pump so I can't compare it to any of Jans MM pumps.  But the
numbers on my pump do speed up.  the first 5 or 6 increments scroll by fairly
slowly then it does speed up.  Yes, you can press the opposite button to
quickly correct any over dose. Actually I am glad that it speeds up a bit
when you are needing a large bolus.  From What I Understand with the D pumps
you have to press the button for each increase which seems like a bit of a
pain to me, but not having a waterproof pump is a bit of a pain for me
sometimes, so like everything else in life it's a trade off.

Christine, type I, 25 years, pump for Christmas
       The best part about procrastination is that you are never bored,
       because you have all kinds of things that you should be doing.