[IP] Re: Diabetes and Lyme vaccine

I live in the Northeast where there is a high deer tick population.  My
wife, because of a deer tick bite, has Lyme disease.  Being prudent, I
received two of the three injections of the Lyme vaccine with the third, and
last, due in November.  My doctor informed me today that, because of
anecdotal evidence, I might not want the third booster.  It seems the
vaccine may cause worse problems than Lyme disease.  Few people respond to
the vaccine this way but many of those who do are of the genotype HLA-DR3,
DR4.  My concern is that this is the genotype that may also be responsible
for type 1 diabetes.  It is, therefore, likely that I am susceptible to the
negative effects of the vaccine.  My question is; are there any here who
have received this vaccine and who have experienced any problems as a
result?  Respond privately, if you wish.

John Kinsley
email @ redacted
Type 1 since 1956
MM 507 since 6/9/98