Re: [IP] Basal rates question

In a message dated 08/01/2000 8:16:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< The whole point of the pump is to offer more flexability than this CDE
 to understand....While fasting is harder on Multiple Daily Injections, it is
 easier to do on the pump and since it's sometimes necessary to reset your
 basals, fasting is more "do-able" than before and is actually recommended by
 many endos and CDEs.  >>

I agree with Jenny.  The pump should allow for more flexibility so that you
can fast to check if your basal rates are set right.  This is what typically
is suggested by my CDE to see if my rates are set appropriately:

eat breakfast by 6 am then test @10, 12, 2 and 4 pm (then eat)
eat a snack by 9 pm then test @ 12, 2, 4 and 6 am (then eat)
eat lunch by 12 then test @ 4, 6, 8, 10 and 12 midnight

As always, this may not be the best for you, but ask your doctor or CDE about