Re: [IP] Chinese Food Carbs?

    My daughter's CDE gave us a xeroxed listing of Chinese food & this is
what's shown for steamed vegetable dumplings:
     5 dumplings = 65 calories + .6 gms fat + 12.6 carbs
   By way of comparison, only 3 steamed shrimp dumplings are
     344 calories + 9 gms of fat + 38.7 carbs.....
   This is NOT a resource guide you'd want to study before going out to enjoy
your restaurant meal! LOL...Definitely a "little knowledge is a dangerous
thing" list!.....But may help to explain why so many people have trouble
"guesstimating" carbs in Chinese restaurants...Even a 1 1/4 cup serving of
wonton soup is 187 calories, 6 grams of fat & 23 carbs!!!
    If anyone has specific Chinese "favorites", you can e-mail me separately.

Regards, Renee ( pump mom to Melissa)