Re: [IP] Strips and other supplies

I am signed up as a Diabetes Advocate -  I contact my senator and legislation
when diabetic issues are on the table.  I think we should all try to
encourage our state to vote for money for research and to cover diabetic
supplies!!  There is a petition in this months Diabetes Forcast that is also
posted on the internet at (www.diabetes.org/advocacy/petition) - I'd love to
hear everyone has signed it and asked their friends and family to sign, then
send it in.  I can scan it in if you can't find it!!

In a message dated 8/31/99 6:50:35 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< > It seems very strange that that they won't cover strips.  I would
 > check with your state insurance representative.  I think that as of
 > January 1, 1999 that ALL DIABETIC supplies are supposed to be
 > covered.  That may only be on a state by state basis - but Colorado
 > is definitely in it.
 It is state by state. 35 states have legislation passed or pending.
 For a complete list see:
 Michael >>