Re: [IP] WHY no humalog in pumps?

In a message dated 8/31/99 3:01:16 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I have Aetna insurance and they cover Humalog.  I get 7 bottles for
 but they will not cover test strips!  Which doesnt make any since at all to
 me.  Arent we suppose to be testing frequently to prevent complications?
 Guess they would rather pay for the complications.  Go figure! >>

It seems very strange that that they won't cover strips.  I would check with
your state insurance representative.  I think that as of January 1, 1999 that
ALL DIABETIC supplies are supposed to be covered.  That may only be on a
state by state basis - but Colorado is definitely in it.  My pharmacist is
the one who told me and I have Humana/Sloans Lake and I feel fortunate that
they cover everything.  Didn't even need pre-approval for my pump.  Don't
take NO as an answer - it's rare that you can't get those things covered!!!