Re: [IP] action time of humalog

i am having to do a 150% to 200% temporary basal
rate change.  do you ever have this happen?? maybe  it is related to
premenstrual hormones.....  so now i am taking a lot of insulin during the
day to try and stay in the normal range and then drop during the night.
hopefully it is a temporary fluke.
Well I guess I have finally found someone else out there like me.  Yes I do the
same thing premenstrually.  The doctor tried to tell me that other variable are
to blame and it would be hard to tell the difference. ( ie exercise or food
intake variations) but i have documented over many months that my bgs rise from
day 12 to day 24( the day I start) and then I have a major drop the other way.
In relation to all these changes, I know what you mean. It seems I crash more
than I want also It looks like I have my basals set and then they change again
really regularly as every two weeks.  I was told by my doctor and CDE that all
the other patients have basal rates that are set within a few weeks of starting
pumping and rarely change.  They also have no more than 3-4 basal rates daily.
One thing I have learned from lurking on this list since early this year is
that YMMV and so many of us are very often making changes and adjustments . It
is an ongoing process. I would love to talk further . Keep me updated privately
or on the list if you're interested.  Sheila