[IP] hypoglycemia, need advice, help

I guess I would like some help from parents of children or anyone who might
have a solution to this problem. Eve has hypoglycemia unawareness, she only
feels lows at about 45 or lower. When Eve goes low and we notice it, we will
ask her to test b/c we feel she is low. She will refuse to test. Next, we
try to have her eat something but, once again she will refuse. She will
become very belligerent, you can't reason with her, and she is screaming at
this point (I know she is only doing this b/c she is low, she truly doesn't
mean this). This will  sometimes go on for 15 mins. or more. All the time we
are trying to gently convince her to test or eat. By this time she will come
out of it and she will test and of course then she will be in a good range
(70 or higher), b/c of the extreme emotions. This extreme behavior has
happened more since she has been on the pump than MDI. And in the last few
months has happened on least once a week at different times of the day. This
also happens in public. I'm putting this post up more about what to do
during the low versus keeping her bg's higher (this is a subject I'm going
to post about later).   My questions are:

Does this happen to others?
What can we do differently?
IS there anything we can we do differently?

Any other suggestions would be helpful.

Deborah mom to Eve 12
DXed 5/3/96 pumping 5/21/99