Re: [IP] WHY no humalog in pumps?

Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 18:32:30 -0800
From: "Michael" <email @ redacted>

>> I had questioned this a few issues ago, to see if it had been
>> approved for anyone.  My doctor (former ADA chapter president) told
>> me that it was going to be approved, within weeks.
>> >why hasn't humalog been approved for pumps anyway?  I know i know .

>The point is, it DOES NOT NEED TO BE APPROVED for specific use in
>pumps. It is approved for human use under the supervision of a
>physician as are all insulins.

>email @ redacted

It does for my insurance company to cover it (bc/bs nevada).  I pay
$458/month for insurance and I would like them to pay for  it.  My
doctor said that he can prescribe anything he wants, legally, but it
won't be covered by insurance.  My question is still - is H
covered/approved for pumps for anyone anywhere?
Jack Granowski
email @ redacted
Itís what you learn after you know it all that counts.
 - John Wooden