[IP] action time of Humalog

Maybe I'm unusual but I was wondering if there are any other pumpers
whose response time is similar to mine..  When I bolus for a meal or
snack I have documented over the months pumping that the bolus is still
present up to 5 hours  later. As a mattter of fact, the largest drop is
consistantly between 4 and 5 hours later.  I have to use the unused
insulin rule  and divide by five often due to the fact that i often eat
sometime in that time span.  If I don't make this calculation I will
certainly get into trouble.  So am I alone in this and if there is
another pumper out there like me have you another solution.  Would
another insulin or a mix work better? Sheila