[IP] Velosulin & Humalog & Prefilled syringes urls

Combined reply for several messages:
Pete, email @ redacted
Mon, 30 Aug 1999 18:54:05 -0400 Aug1999/msg03003.html
>of HUMALOG that we can purchase from the pharmacy
Just being pre-filled won't be enough to bubble-proof
your pre-filled pump-syringe. It might reduce, but not
eliminate bubble-presence. Change from refrigerated to
warmth of any water-based liquid releases whatever
dissolved-in-solution gases to form bubbles.

Some 11-12 weeks ago, 1999Jun14 it says, MiniMed and Lilly
announced an agreement about Lilly supplying MiniMed with
"lyspro insulin crystals"
Now I cannot find it inside either company's website, but
found one, there are probably others, elsewhere:
Company Press Release
MiniMed Inc. Announces Agreement With Lilly
On a New Formulation of Insulin Lyspro for Use
in Pumps
Alfred E. Mann, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of MiniMed, stated,
``We are extremely pleased to be working
with Lilly to bring our customers insulin lyspro for use with our pumps.
... "

#David Winegarden comment inserting here: Unlikely that Pete will
#be able to purchase at local pharmacy, only through MiniMed or
#MiniMed-supplied channels.
Terrance H. Gregg, President and Chief Operating
Officer of MiniMed, added, ``We believe that the added convenience of
pre-filled reservoirs will be significant to
pump users. ..."

cevans" <email @ redacted
Mon, 30 Aug 1999 11:36:41 -0700 Aug1999/msg02985.html
>will Minimed be able to make pre-filled cartridges with humalog ?
but if you use the correct as-defined by pump-maker terminology,
MiniMed can be expected to someday, but don't hold your breath,
make pre-filled "reservoirs" for the MiniMed external pump.

The MiniMed-Lilly announcement has no "official" corollary from
Disetronic, but I have heard there that pre-filled "cartridges",
(Note the names that each pump-maker uses for its pump's syringe)
including the currently-sought Humalog-filled, are
"under development".
Note that pre-filled Disetronic cartridges of regular insulin
ARE being sold in SOME of Europe, quoting from there:
# Insulin for Pump Therapy
# Only fast-acting regular insulin or Lispro insulin is used in insulin
#A stabilized human insulin with  100 units (U100) per milliliter is
#available from Hoechst Marion Roussell, designed especially for pump
#The stabilized U100 human insulin is available from
# Hoechst Marion Roussell in
# Germany, the Netherlands, Austria and Switzerland
# in pre-filled cartridges for the H-TRONŽ plus.

Julie Britt" <email @ redacted>
[IP] Velosulin?
Thu, 1 Jan 1998 06:03:59 -0500 Actually Mon 30 Aug
>what exactly is velosulin?  I have never heard of it.
"Velosulin BR" is Novo-Nordisk Buffered Regular semi-synthetic
human insulin. What most of those of us using pumps for insulin
longer than 2 years ago used before we got
Eli Lilly's Humalog brand-name of the insulin lyspro analog.

Go see:

and for Lilly's side of the show:

David C. Winegarden
Fremont, CA