> have you had problems with insulin degradation?

I haven't read further...

> I've been reading the posts about the availability of
> >pre-filled syringes for our pumps.  Well..I've been prefilling my own
> >syringes for about the last two months.  I just put on some music, get a
> >TAB
> >(am I dating myself or what?!) and fill about 7 or so syringes at a time.
> >store them 3 to a little original wrapper that one comes in (I have a
> >MiniMed), fold the top of the wrapper and seal with a paperclip.  Then I
> >just
> >put them in an uncovered plastic storage thingie in my butter compartment
> >in
> >the refrigerator.

I do the exact same thing minus the TAB and music but may add it in.  :-)  I've
been filling 10 cartridges at one sitting since being on the pump October 1998.

> >When filling the syringes I bring the insulin to room temperature just like
> >usual and work the bubbles out same as ever.  Then I just put that plastic
> >cap back on the needle and make sure the whole thing is good and snug so
> >there is no leakage, and store.  Then, when it's time to change my set, I
> >just take the syringe out of the frig so it can come to room temp again.
> >Any
> >bubbles that might have collected are really easy to be rid of.  They
> >usually
> >form one rather smaller bubble and collect in the neck of the
> >syringe/needle
> >area and are removed with a little tap or when the needle is unscrewed from
> >the neck.  If there is a bit of a bubble, it usually is the first thing to
> >be
> >propelled through the tubing and can be dripped out .

Same for me.  It really works well and reduces the streess of bubbles and
filling cartrides every week or more times per week.  I use a D if that makes a

Fran in AZ