Re: [IP] diabetic/PWD and different perspectives (was John Walsh)

I think this is the best thing you can do for a child or adult.  As a
diabetic for 26 years (since I was 7) I have lived through being "Diabetic"
for everything - girl scout camp, school, drill team practice, college, work,
marriage, etc....  My parents were the BEST!  I was always a normal kid who
had to treat herself a little bit better (not to say I didn't screw up now
and then!!!). I was and am still heavily involved in activities and I hike,
bike and play tennis quite a bit.  I always ate a normal diet and (so far) I
have NO COMPLICATIONS of any sort !  I accepted diabetes as part of my life -
not as who I am.  Keep it up - your son will grow up normal and not be in
denial his whole life.  Great job!!!! Jen C.

In a message dated 8/30/99 2:48:27 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< hey Jen--your post sums up everything I was thinking!  I completely agree
 with you . .  .--Gianna