Re: [IP] WHY no humalog in pumps?? (was colored insulin, etc.)

In a message dated 8/30/99 3:54:29 PM Eastern Daylight Time, email @ redacted

<< If it's not approved then why am I taking 450u a day of humalog via my
 For the past two years. >>
LOL!  Because it was prescribed for you!  Just because you have a
prescription from your doctor for a med, it doesn't mean it has been approved
by the FDA for that indication.  In this case, Humalog cannot be dispensed in
prefilled pump syringes (cartridges) because the FDA hasn't approved it.
However, your doctor can prescribe Humalog and you can fill the pump syringe
yourself, and the FDA can't do anything about it.