Re: [IP] Unused Insulin

Ruth Schneider wrote:

> so, if we ate dinner at 6 PM and at 8 PM geneva is 190...should we still
> correct to a target of 150 (post meal goal)  LESS the unused insulin...

Since the unused insulin is for the meal, don't subtract it from the
normal correction.  In your example, I would correct to 150.  This might
not be enough since it doesn't totally calculate what glucose from the
meal hasn't reached the blood stream, but I prefer to under correct if
in doubt.  I would then check at 10 and do a correction minus the unused
insulin from the 8pm correction, unless this is a slow bg effect meal
like pizza.