Re: [IP] Re: low carb diet

About protein being hard on kidneys--from what I understand, and I'm sure I
will be corrected if others think differently :), most people don't get the
amount of protein they truly need.  Personally I don't follow a "high
protein" diet, I try to maintain an "adequate protein" diet, which for me at
140 pounds would be about . . . i think about 60
grams a day . . .also I read somewhere that if you don't have any kidney
damage the "extra" protein doesn't matter . . . and the lower carb diet will
improve BG control which reduces complication risk . .everyone feel free to
respond if you feel differently . .I don't mind controversy . ..but please
no hate mail! --Gianna