[IP] the "homemade" thigh thing

Have you tried one of those elastic knee braces?  That's what I use.  I bought it one size bigger that I would wear on my knee and pull it up on my thigh.  I tuck the pump in between the brace and my leg.  It hasn't fallen out once.  Some of them also have an extra layer of neoprene that can be cut with a slit to form a pocket to put the pump in.