[IP] carrying lancets

My 17 year old son has been carrying his meter with lancet in his backpack
to school ever since he went on the pump in August '98.  We never asked
permission and don't have a 504 plan.  I work in the school system--though
not in his school and I make all his teachers aware of his diabetes and his
need to test and treat if necessary.  He leaves the classroom to test--his
choice. Noone has ever questioned him about carrying his supplies.

We live in Orange County, Virginia, about 75 miles south of Washington, D.

Betsy Smith