Re: [IP] Quandaries for teachers

> So how would you deal with the quandary I mentioned in the first
> place? How do you allow a diabetic kid to meet their needs if they
> aren't willing to be upfront about discussing it with the class?

That's what managers are for. Dump it in the lap of your school
principal. That's what they get paid for. I know that's not a good
answer, but the accomodation for the D student is necessary. If it
causes psychological problems for some other student, that matter can
be taken up by their counsler. I would imagine in the real world that
they will figure it out pretty quick. The D kid's meter is not
exactly invisible and the series of questions about what it is and
what it is for are fairly revealing. You could even do a little
health/science tutorial about diabetes, glucose meters, etc...
without ever mentioning the D student's name. There are lots of ways
to handle the problem without "breaking" the rules either with the
class as a whole or with individual students.

Michael