re: [IP] frustrated with basals

Just thought I would share how we handle things.  Our CDE/Dr do not like
us to correct at night, better to allow a pattern to form to correct
basal rates than to have a low.  When Alex is really high I check
tubing, pump etc.. and test ketones, as long as no ketones we let the
high go at night.  Also, we are only supposed to correct at meal times
unless there is going to be exercise or ketones are present.  I think
this helps prevent overlapping of insulin and allows to show needed
basal changes.

mother of Alex(10) pupming 3 1/2 weeks