[IP] Amusement Park Pumping

Hi Joanne - About the only amusement park I get to anymore is Disneyland in
Anaheim, CA. I haven't been there since going on the pump(started pumping in
February), but when I was injecting, I would take my supplies (insulin,
syringes) to the first aid station and they would gladly keep them
refrigerated for me.  The restaurant we usually eat at is right near the
first aid station so it is easy to pop in and either pickup my gear, or just
inject right there in one of the examination rooms.

Sounds like Linda has a great setup in that fanny pack of hers, and lowering
the basals 30% sounds good to me, too, I'll have to try that next time. Being
that I have a tendency to run low with all the walking, along with the
glucose tabs, I  usually cram a couple of zip-loc bags of trail mix in my
F/P, plus a Balance or Power Bar.  I seem to really burn the calories. Now
that I'm pumping, I would probably stash some insulin and a couple of set
changes at the first aid station at the Park.  If somewhere else, I'd have it
in a cooler in the car like Linda.

Have a great time, and if you go to a place with a great roller coaster -
ride it once for me - hands over the head on the first big dip - screaming
your lungs out!

Hugs, Joanne Mc