[IP] school--lancets &504 plans

  Hi Everybody,
   This year my oldest is entering high school. i've already talked to the
 principal about a 504 plan . we will be having a meeting the week school
 starts. I also brought up the fact that Jessica is 14 ,has had diabetes for
 12 years and should be allowed to carry her own testing supplies. He said if
 we want , she can carry her own meter but ABSOLUTELY NO LANCETS. According
 him they are considered to be weapons by all school districts ! Now I know
 that somewhere on this vast list of people there are teenagers carrying
their
 own testing supplies and testing at will in school. You're the people I'm
 looking for !!
   If you don't mind me using your child as an example, please e-mail me your
 teen's name and city and state (if you want to include school name I'm sure
 it will be helpful).
   I think a high school with 2000+ students is challenging enough to a kid.
 She shouldn't have to miss out on classtime because she has to go wait for
 her turn at the nurses office. Thank you....Doreen-mom of 2 pumpers

-- BEGIN included message

The original message was received at Thu, 26 Aug 1999 16:19:54 -0700
from imo28.mx.aol.com [198.81.17.72]

<email @ redacted>

... while talking to pandora.is.bizsystems.com.:
>>> RCPT To:<email @ redacted>
<<< 550 <email @ redacted>... User unknown
550 <email @ redacted>... User unknown

--------------------
Final-Recipient: RFC822; email @ redacted
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: DNS; pandora.is.bizsystems.com
Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 550 <email @ redacted>... User unknown
Last-Attempt-Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 16:20:06 -0700

--------------------
  This year my oldest is entering high school. i've already talked to the
principal about a 504 plan . we will be having a meeting the week school
starts. I also brought up the fact that Jessica is 14 ,has had diabetes for
12 years and should be allowed to carry her own testing supplies. He said if
we want , she can carry her own meter but ABSOLUTELY NO LANCETS. According to
him they are considered to be weapons by all school districts ! Now I know
that somewhere on this vast list of people there are teenagers carrying their
own testing supplies and testing at will in school. You're the people I'm
looking for !!
  If you don't mind me using your child as an example, please e-mail me your
teen's name and city and state (if you want to include school name I'm sure
it will be helpful).
  I think a high school with 2000+ students is challenging enough to a kid.
She shouldn't have to miss out on classtime because she has to go wait for
her turn at the nurses office. Thank you....Doreen-mom of 2 pumpers

-- END included message