[IP] Any teachers out there?

School starts tomorrow...kids start Monday.  I'm a teacher who's got
worries.  I just started pumping this week, so I realize that I may be up
against some challenges in the first few weeks of the learning process.
Although I read a lot about how kids deal with their diabetes at school, &
what they are sometimes up against, I don't see anything from those of us on
the other end of the desk!

I have taught high school (& some middle school, off & on) vocal music &
theatre arts programs for the past ten years.  During that time, I've always
been very open about my medical needs/requirements with my students...who
are just wonderful!  (Sometimes they notice signs of hypoglycemia faster
than I do, & suggest during rehearsal that I check my sugar or eat
something.)  I wasn't figuring that my approach would need to be any
different with the pump...it would probably fascinate the ones who get all
excited about my meter!  :)  The thing I'm worried about is, it's looking
like I'll be doing a complete change this year, & teaching music K-4
instead!!  Now, the switching grade levels part, I'm a little excited about
(it was time for a change, I think)- but I don't know the best route as far
as handling "diabetic issues" (for lack of a better term), such as the need
to test or possible reactions, where smaller children are concerned.  Anyone
out there have any good advice to offer?

(honeymooning with her H-TRONplus, & desperately in love with it!!!  :)  )