[IP] School

Hi all!

Liz goes to High School for the first time Monday. We met with her
counselor yesterday to discuss Liz's "needs" letter that I mailed to her a
few weeks ago. We were both surprised and encouraged by the results of that
meeting. Liz was told that she is to take care of her needs when and
wherever they arise. The school wants her to learn how to live in the
"real" world and in that world (work, etc.) she won't be asking for
permission from her bosses or profs to do what  she is medically required
to do. We meet next week with all of her teachers to answer any questions
they may have and to expand on the information we provided in the letter.
What a great start to a new stage in her life!

Linda V.