Re: [IP] Letting it all hang out

Rachel also has never hidden her diabetes. I remember hearing stories about
testing in public and peoples reactions. Rachel never did care. Finger pokes,
injections, they just didn't matter. But, we've always acted like there was
nothing to hide. From day one, we were very open with everyone. In fact, the
times I would have to go to school and give her an injection in the
lunchroom, she would ask anyone if they wanted to watch. She has even had
quite a few of her friends want to test their own bg's. A few people,
teachers or parents, would tell other children "come on now, Rachel isn't
putting on a show", but actually she was ... and enjoying every minute of it.
My dad, Rachel's granddad, thought we should not tell anyone for fear of
teasing from other children. But my thought was always, the more people who
know of her condition, the easier it will be to help her if she ever needed
it. The only thing we noticed, was there were some parents who would not ask
Rachel to spend the night anymore.  What a shame, boy did they and their
children miss out on spending time with a great kid.

Oh well, she can't wait to get to school on Monday to show off her new, blue
pump. Boy, she loves the limelight ... hmmm, maybe she should be an actress
or a politician ... I think the latter is getting more "limelight" now anyway

Mom to Rachel who's just letting it all hang out