Re: [IP] testing in class

We talked to the school district nurse yesterday and when we said Eve would
be keeping a meter in her room at school the nurse said "in a Tupperware
container in the cabinet?"  We said no, in her desk like last year. So if
she needs it, it will be near her. This nurse also has a school age child
with diabetes. I don't get this?

Deborah mom to Eve 12
DXed 5/3/96 pumping 5/21/99

There is a room
> off the classroom where Monica keeps her meter and a folder to record
> results. It is locked up there so the other students don't get too
curious.
> It's worked out great since she has to test more often then just at
> lunch.Good luck!
>

> >From: email @ redacted
> >To: email @ redacted
> >Subject: [IP] testing in class
> >Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 16:08:23 EDT
> >

> >Well, I wanted to thank everyone on there experiences with testing in the
> >class room.  When Rachel was dx'd in 1996, we didn't even give that a
> >thought.
> >
> >Her school has been wonderful in her care, and we really don't have too
> >much
> >to complain about, but I wasn't sure how they would handle this issue.
> >Anyway, I called school yesterday and set up my yearly meeting with the
> >school nurse for this Friday. Along with new instructions for the pump, I
> >just told her Rachel would be doing her testing in the class this year.
She