Re: [IP] High Blood Sugars and glasses

In a message dated 8/24/99 12:31:46 PM, email @ redacted writes:

<<Question: any of those people who have eye problems, did you experience
extreme myopia following high blood sugars?  Also, those of you who
experience extreme blurring after high blood sugars, are you experiencing
retinopathy >>

My myopia is also extremely sensitive to blood sugar changes, and perhaps
other things also because even on the pump I seem to need a different
prescription when I first get up.  I have blurry vision with both high and
low blood sugars.  I do have retinopathy (treated by laser in 1982, 1983, and
1993), but they tell me it is stable for the last few years.

After 8 months on the pump, my prescription was lowered (less myopic) almost
2 diopters.  It seems to have stayed pretty stable at that the last couple
months.  And I had normal A1cs prepump for several years.

Linda Zottoli
dx 1955 at age 8