Re: [IP] Re:Cathy Jackson and son Eric ... thoughts on pumping at 12

<< > P.S. Matt is the only diabetic in a school of over 800!!!
 The statistics are about 1 in 300 are type 1

I just found out Stephen will be the only diabetic in his Jr high of over
1200 students.  He is also the first diabetic student in the last 3 years!
The nurse is excited that he is on a pump and has been reading to "brush up
on her diabetes care."  She called me before I could get a chance to call her
to discuss his needs.  I told her in a 3 story building that I would prefer
he test in class rather than send him to her office.  She said she would talk
to the teachers and support us with this choice.  And to think I was dreading
calling her and setting up this meeting....