[IP] HELP -from the newbie again

I have read both the Pumping Insulin book and Stop the Rollercoaster.
(Read them two months before starting the pump and refer to them
frequently)  I already know how to count carbs - my question did not
involve that.  Everything I ate with the pasta meal was measured and
accounted for.  I have several good carb counting books - when one
doesn't have it, one of the other ones do.  I am only new to the pump,
not diabetes.

So again, I pose the question, what to do about a meal which sustains my
BG in the 200's for several hours? Square wave?  Or should I just wait
until all basals are pretty much set before using this application?

Thanks for any help/answers you can give me in this area.