Re[2]: [IP] comments on popcorn, lowcarb diets, and bumper s

     Hi Gianna,
I think the peanut butter was because of the high fat, but keep in mind, this
was 20 years ago, and he was kind of a renegade in diabetes at the time. I grew
up in Indianapolis, IN, and he was the strictest dr. around those parts. He
probably figured "not at all" was better than some.
Sugarbusters I think is difficult to understand sometimes. There are some
contradictions such as the one you pointed out. For me, I would always choose
the higher fiber anyway because I know it is absorbed and processed in a much
healthier way . Nine times out of ten, the insulin requirement will probably be
very close, but with white bread be slightly higher. I am still learning too,
and SUGARBUSTERS  has a great website(www.sugarbusters.com) that has a lot of
question and answers info. Hope fully this will help you out! If I learn
anything new I'll let you know!
Kevin's phone # is at my house of course, so I'll bring it to work with me. I
contacted Minimed via email and that's how he called me. The pumper meeting is
in September I believe. He sends invitations out, so let me get that darn ph#
and we'll be set!
I live in Whitman, MA, about 30 miles south of Boston. I live closer to RI, Rte
495 is 15 minutes from me. And, the CAPE is an hour  from my driveway to
Sandwich, just over the Sagamore Bridge. I hope we can meet at the meeting in
Newton-that would be great. You all are the only diabetics I know-I am the only
one in my family(now that my grandma has died). So, I am excited!

take care,