Re: [IP] cow's milk and diabetes

In a message dated 8/22/99 7:18:32 PM Pacific Daylight Time, email @ redacted

<< gianna,
 well ...to dispel the myth of cow's milk and diabetes...
 I breastfed geneva for 14 months and she is diabetic.
 go figure.
The connection doesnt mean that children that are breastfed wont get diabetes
it just means that there is a direct link between formula and cow's milk and
diabetes.  A causal factor.  Also it isnt just the fact that you breastfeed
but how many people do it exclusively without adding cow's milk to a child's
diet.  I think the recent research says two years of age before giving cow's
milk without an increase in some diseases.  We are the only species that
drinks another's milk filled with their proteins.  we make our infants
dependent on it.  I breastfed all three of my children and the earliest one
to receive cow's milk was at 13 months.  Even now none of my children are
milk drinkers.  Which according to all the research isnt a bad thing.