Re: [IP] eating low carb diet-ruth

In a message dated 8/22/99 12:49:56 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<<
 >I am only thinking about this because I have been cutting down on pasta,
 >rice and potatoes myself, trying to drop some lbs.  I noticed that geneva
 >is
 >having better levels when we all eat this way as a family.

Just my two cents here but I think rice isn't a terribly bad carb.  My dh is
from the Philippines and their incidence of diabetes is very small.  I find
my husband who eats rice three times a day and about 50% of his diet along
with fish and chicken, to be thin and healthy.  Low cholesterol etc.  I have
converted to all rice and my children only eat rice and I have found it so
much easier to control than eating potatoes and pasta.  I also sometimes
wonder if it is the kind of rice we eat.  The kind we buy in 100 lb bags is
no Uncle Bens that is for sure.

Kathleen