[IP] carb:insulin ratio

carb:insulin ratio

how many units of insulin will cover 1 gram of carbohydrate.

it changes throughout the day.

geneva is on 1:25  (1 unit to cover 25 grams of carb) in the am until about
11 am.

then...she goes up to 1:30 for remainder of day.

it all varies per kid.  you and your endo should be aware of this figure by
now...if not...I don't know what to tell you.  I do know that geneva's carb
ratio was very different once she started on the pump.  needed less insulin
to cover the carb.

ask your endo when you begin pumping..

ruth and geneva