Post Breakfast Highs was Re: [IP] A1c - David's

email @ redacted wrote:

> well. Most of his highs are 2hrs after breakfast if i increase humalog he
> crashes if i let him go, no snack because of high, he crashes before lunch.
> Any advice would be greatful.

If bgs come back to target the amount of humalog taken was correct so
you might want to try increasing the delay between insulin and eating.
It is important to do it cautiously so the insulin doesn't start acting
before the food starts affecting bgs.  I have much better post-meal bgs
when I wait 15 minutes between the bolus and eating but I have to set a
timer or I will get busy with something and wait too long.