Re: [IP] Pump start jitters

Jill:
I just started pumping on August 11, 1999, so everything is still very
new to me.  One thing I liked about my training is that it took 3 to 4
sessions at about 3 hours each.  It was nice because it was not too
overwhelming and not too much information all at once.  Maybe since you
will now be a local diabetes nurse educator, you could do something
similar.  My husband was also able to go to all the training sessions
with me which was GREAT.  We both were learning together.  He wasn't
about to "connect" with anything since he hates the thought of any
needles! LOL!  Anyway, the multiple classes were good because each time
we reviewed what we learned last time.  I also was able to try out my
MM507C with saline solution.  That was really helpful to get used to
everything.  The hardest part was getting everything ready:  loading the
reservoir, getting the air bubbles out, cleaning the area, inserting the
soft set, etc.  Practicing with the saline solution was very helpful.  I
hope this helps!  Good luck to you.  Wish me luck as I continue to work
out the "bugs" with my new pump!

Stephanie McCrery