RE: [IP] antibodies--help

i felt sick for about a year before being diagnosed with IDDM, but I only
lost five pounds.  No one in my family has ever been type one.  I wasn't in
DKA but my bg was 681 when diagnosed.  In the last 4 months before
diagnosis, I didn't have any periods.  Actually I started feeling these
diabetic symptoms which gradually worsened (peeing all the time, drinking
gallons, dry skin, muscle cramps, EXTREME fatigue, etc.) after I had a
triple course of antibiotics and what I Think was a yeast infection although
i read that is also a symptom of diabetes. I was on the antibiotics because
of an infection in my finger that travelled up my arm and wouldn't go away.
I had an antibody test a month after diagnosis that came back negative, then
a GAD test two weeks later that came back at .2   where above 1 is
considered positive.  So, just out of curiosity to all of you out there,
especially any medical people, what do you think about those antibody
levels? If I really was diabetic for a year before diagnosis, I guess the
antibodies could be gone by now, but wouldn't I have been sicker and ALOT
thinner and stuff?  Do you think the infection in my arm was what triggered
the diabetes or was the fact that it wouldn't go away a symptom of it?  Any
thoughts?  -Gianna   p.s.  I've had a few doctors tell me that they can't
find ANYTHING wrong with my pancreas and that it could be some kind of
thyroid problem . . .but for now still insulin dependent and looking forward
to pumping. . . .