Re: [IP] How many people with diabetes in 100?

when we lived in new kent, VA...which is between richmond and williamsburg,
geneva was 1 of 4 in her very small elementary school...forgot how many
exactly.  but I was really surprised that the high school and middle schools
also had a higher than average amount of diabetes.  I think I read somewhere
that the norfolk, VA area has the highest incidence of IDDM.

I wonder about autoimmune things in general being environmental.  thyroid,
IDDM, rheum. arthritis, etc.  why wouldn't environment have something to do
with it?