Re: [IP] comments on popcorn, lowcarb diets, and bumper stickers!

Sarah----first, why not peanut butter? That usually raises (my) bg really
slowly.  although it is high fat  .  . . .anyway.  I also just read sugar
busters and thought it was useful and great.  But one thing . . it seems
that sometimes it works and sometimes is doesn't. For example, if a piece of
white bread has 10 carbs and a piece of whole wheat bread has ten carbs,
sometimes they both require the same amount of insulin--which seems to
contradict the book. I am having trouble incorporating the physiology of a
nondiabetic into my own regimen to help my control! Any suggestions?  So far
I have lowered my required insulin dose from a high of 41 units per day to
about 25 units per day just from changing my diet!! :)
	Also, I am from Rhode Island.  Where do you live?  Can you PLEASE give me a
way to contact this Kevin Harrington rep?????  It would be great to have
someone in my area . . . . . . . the closest I have talked to is in Mass.
Also, I would love to go to that meeting in Newton.  When/where/details
please!!!  By the way I live a little south of Newport, in South Kingstown
near all the beaches.  --Gianna