Re: [IP] eating low carb diet-ruth

Ruth--this makes sense to me.  When you eat lots of pasta, potatos, etc, in
a normal person, they would require a lot of insulin to keep blood sugars
normal.  This sometimes causes weight gain etc. etc. I have been reading
lots about the role of insulin trying to make some sense out of everything .
. . did you know that a white potato causes more of an insulin response than
table sugar???  --Gianna