Re: [IP] carb is a carb--low carb, ruth

Dear Ruth (and Geneva)--Actually I am following a fairly low carb diet.  My
original dietician (pediatrics) had me on 325 carbs a day, more than I ate
"before!!!"  Anyway, I gained weight and was stuffed and my control was
horrible.  She told me things like "white bread is better because it's
fortified."  ?????????  anyway, as soon as I switched to about 100-150 carbs
a day my control is MUCH BETTER, I haven't gained any weight, I feel great,
I eat the way I used to, I haven't had any problems with ketosis or
acidosis, etc. etc.  My dietician freaked out.  Then I switched to an adult
endo who thought I was going GREAT.  Now, I don't know if this kind of diet
would be good for younger kids because at 10, people are growing lots more
than at 17 like me.  So anyway . . . .just my two cents.  Besides, less
carbs means less insulin. Since insulin is the only hormone that stores fat,
wouldn't this be a good thing? I think so.   --Gianna