[IP] from one disturbed individual (was In Defense of Barb)

Now listen smarty pants, I don't like your tone!!  ;-)

Here's the thing:  I don't aim for any particular A1C.  What I aim for is stable, healthy b.g. on a daily basis.  It's a one-day-at-a-time kind of deal.  I'm perfectly happy with any b.g. of 65-150.  And I don't really get all that concerned about highs until they reach about 250.  I have been able to do amazing things in terms of evening out my numbers on the pump.  Still, in the course of any given week, it's very rare for me NOT to have a b.g. above 300 or below 55.  And my last 2 A1Cs were 5.6.

So. . . I just disproved your little theory.  1. I don't "aim".
                                                                        2. I don't obsess (usually).
                                                                        3. I eat like a "normal" person.
                                                                        4. With the pump, after a long period of adjusting to this new life and regimen,
                                                                             it's NOT a hurculean effort.

I realize that I am fortunate to be able to strike this balance and that not everyone's body cooperates this way.  Still, one does not have to be entirely anal to be in the non-diabetic A1C range.  And I may be a "disturbed individual", but it's NOT because I have a low A1C.

So there.

frighteningly close to age 30, diabetic for 13+ years, happily pumping for almost 4 years w/the MM506